Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Little Dose of Follow Through

Sometime, I'm guilty of not following through with my children. I definitely try to make sure I do, but there are those moments when it would cause me more hassle to follow through than I have the energy for.

I've been "promising" my daughter if she keeps putting CLEAN clothes in the DIRTY laundry hamper that I was going to make her do her own laundry. I'm tired of wasting soap, time, and energy on redoing laundry simply because she doesn't want to put it away the right way, the first time.

So, lucky for her, I'm feeling a burst of follow through. She has 2 loads of her own laundry that she will be folding when she gets home from school. Merry Wednesday, daughter.

Now, if I could work on my follow through with my littlest guy, the charmer, who tries to smile and laugh his way out of everything.... or my middle child who throws on the water works when things don't go his way.

Parenting is hard work!

1 comment: