Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Even though

Even though I know who hung every single star in the sky and who knows the number of each grain of sand on the shores, I still struggle with not worrying about how my husband losing his job last Thursday might affect us.

I'm terrified, scared, worried, anxious. I know the Word

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Philippians 4:6

and Matthew 6:

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of Godd]">[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

There come times in our lives though where what we know has to be put to action and I guess I'm at one of those times. I know the right answers. I know what I'm supposed to say or what I would tell others in my shoes. God knows I don't like being in the dark and without the details or the plans. I know He knows my desire to even do what I know is right even though my sinful nature is really wanting to do otherwise.

And darn it, intentions mean nothing and actions mean everything. I really need the Holy Spirit to empower me to be better than intentions.

3 comments:

  1. Putting that faith into action is tough. I understand. Last year my motto was "faith, not fear." My preacher told us before that fear is listening to what Satan tells us about the problem, whereas, faith is knowing what God says about it. Are we going to trust Satan or God? Is our problem bigger than God? Easier said that done sometimes, but I urge you to speak these things OUT LOUD. Claim those promises from God. Who knows? This may be the very thing needed to get your family from point A to point B where God has GREAT plans in store for you. I am really eager to see how he uses your family this year - and where. Keep hanging onto Him!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going through the same thing you are, but I am dealing with trying not to fear but to have faith in God that He's going to make things right and that He will provide and take care of me and my kids.

    It's a scary place to be, not knowing what God is going to do and wondering what's going to happen while you wait. Will things get worse (God forbid!) before God fixes things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, Susanne and Niki. I too believe God has a plan. He remains Sovereign and Holy no matter my circumstances.

    ReplyDelete