Monday, January 4, 2010

Theme for the Year

My mom always prays and gets a theme for the year. A theme and theme verse. I've felt like this upcoming year I need to be more conscientious of how my words are used. Goodness knows right now I'm out of patience and I've sent my son to bed early because it's that or me losing my cool on him.

I did spend some time in prayer on Sunday asking God to enable me through the Holy Spirit to be a woman who is a builder and not someone who tears down. Especially when it comes to my family. I'm not proud to say it but lately, I don't think I've been constructing or preserving or restoring much of anything.

In "Fight Like A Girl", Lisa speaks about the ability us women have to speak either life or destruction and I'm working on letting God use me for life. If I have power in my words, I do truly want them to be used for good.

I wish my keyboard weren't such a pain because I think I'd be more motivated to type up some moving passages from the book. My keyboard is not sensitive and I have to constantly go back and retype letters. It causes me to lose focus.

Maybe I can get past it and motivate myself to share what I've enjoyed instead of just talking about it. Susanne has probably posted 40 posts since I said I was going to try and share about it. haha!


1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! You made me laugh! :-P****

    Seriously, you don't know how much I needed this reminder - NOW!

    Wow! Wow! Wow!

    Thanks for reminding me of this. I feel God used you to tell me "speak life, Girl!"

    Oh, how I struggle with this. My soul is in a battle right now and I really want to speak life to this situation instead of judgment.

    ReplyDelete